Next Match: Scunthorpe United (A) Tuesday 28th September 2010

Monday 22 February 2010

Maiden Double for the Super Reds

It was the first proper Saturday away game I've missed since Reading, and one I was looking forward to, so it's Sods Law that the lads go and do that. Maybe I'll miss a few more in future.

We've all heard the radio commentary, and probably all seen the highlights by now. It was tense, nervous listening on Saturday afternoon. I had a 'family gathering' to help organise and attend, and unfortunately this was the game to fall foul to it. It could have been worse though; I had to grovel to change it from the first weekend in March, and our trip out to St James Park, although it was still difficult to listen on the t'internet. I hate missing away games, especially after a result like that.

It sounds like a vintage away performance from us, which was helped by us grabbing two early goals. After that, other than a few spells of pressure from the home side (which was always going to be the case) we were steady away, and could have even added one or two more, although I'm not greedy, the two will do just fine. It'll take a lot of beating that one, it could well be our most impressive win of the season. I'm sorry I couldn't have been there to witness it myself. I'm also gutted that I've missed our first double of this season, and I'm hoping I'll be around to witness the second one on Saturday.

Special mention has to go to Danny Bogdanovic, of course, who seems to be playing for his new deal. There's been articles in the papers today quoting the lad talking about his love for the club, the town and the fans, and I for one would be very happy with him signing a new deal. A fully fit, on the boil Danny Bogdanovic is probably our most lethal finisher at the club currently, and I do think he could be the man to grab us 20+ a season. He's struggled to maintain his fitness and keep his first team spot, and still managed a pretty impressive goal return for us, so credit to him.

That's it for today then, until playoff chasing Blackpool at the weekend. At least we know we can play against the top half teams, so hopefully we'll give them a decent game. Remember playing them last season? That was a miserable day, and I genuinely felt we were going down after they beat us at Oakwell. We owe them something for that. I hope we can build on a fantastic weekends work on Saturday.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment